At Distract, we are a young, passionate team with a simple aim to help our clients grow, and to have fun while doing so. We all share a passion for building companies through innovative and engaging digital marketing.
For the role of Digital PR Executive, you will be the main point of contact for all PR content and will liaise with the relevant departments to help our brand and internal projects reach the correct audiences. It is vital that you are well organised and enthusiastic about details. You must have drive, ambition, and passion, as we are a rapidly expanding team and have ambitious growth plans!
Execute and deliver key PR activity for clients and for Distract, this can include:
- Writing clear, concise press releases, signing them off with clients, distributing them among key press and media lists using our in-house software, following up with journalists, editors and bloggers to ensure coverage.
- Pitching clients to the media, instigating new press and media relations and maintaining these relationships for clients
- Helping to compile awards lists for all clients (including Distract) and writing of award entries
- Tracking coverage of press releases and media opportunities.
- Attending key client meetings and new business meetings when required.
- Attend networking events, client events and conferences when required.
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for future PR campaigns and contribute ideas to ongoing ideas.
- Interviewing clients for articles and for videos.
- Compiling reports and presenting results to clients.
English skills: You need to have excellent written and spoken English
Copywriting skills: Excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging, interesting copy.
Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting stories to journalists, you need to organise information in a succinct and interesting manner.
Interpersonal skills: You need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
Confident telephone manner: You may need to spend time pitching stories to journalists, so you need to have the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to them and maintain a positive, friendly and upbeat tone.
Time-keeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, while maintaining quality in your work.
Salary dependent on experience.
We're currently recruiting for this position: to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter!
Distract Ltd. Registered in England and Wales #09689796. Registered Office: 4 Henley Way, Doddington Road, Lincoln LN6 3QR. Distract is a registered trademark of Distract Ltd.